Click on a question to show the answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact me by e-mail or fill in the form that can be found in the Contact page. Make sure to join the document you want me to translate.
- I will send you a firm quote within 48 hours. It will define the services requested, the terms of delivery of the final document. This quote will be guaranteed for a month.
- Upon receipt of your agreement (by e-mail or mail) and upon receipt of the down payment if need be, I will deliver the translation within the agreed deadline. Note that more information may be necessary: if need be, I may contact you for more information about your document.
- After the translation, a thorough proofreading is done.
- You will receive your document within the deadline, along with the invoice.
- Payment must be made upon receipt of the invoice, or within 30 days from the invoice date, depending on what we agreed. In case of late payment, a 10% surcharge per month applies from the first month of delay.
In order to avoid unpaid invoices, a copy of your ID and a proof of adress (less than three months old) will be required. This step is a safety measure for me, and your information will remain confidential. The documents will be deleted/destroyed after the payment of the translation.
Your VAT number will be required as well if you are a company.
Before the beginning of every project, you will have to sign a quote, mean gin you accept my rates and terms.
Any type of project is accepted, mainly technical projects. I do not provide certified translations.
It all depends on the project! The number of words or characters of the source document, the type of the project, the language combination have to be taken into account. You also have to consider the work schedule of the translator, who usually works on several projects at the same time. For your information, a professional translator translates around 3,000 words per workday, maybe more, depending on his experience.
Make sure to plan ahead of time the translation of you project, it is a very significant step that cannot be overlooked, and any resulting translation mistake could be a danger to your brand image.
Most post-edition projects require to be re-translated, and the rates for this service would not allow a translator to live a decent life.
Because I still need to read the whole document and check that the text has been properly translated, and that it does not contain any spelling mistakes or typos. I also have to take the time to ensure that phrases specified as fuzzy matches and repetitions are correctly translated. Not all perfect matches are perfect, after all!
I will apply a 25% surcharge for very urgent projects requiring me to work at night or during a weekend.
Payments must be made upon receipt of the invoice, or within 30 days from the invoice date, depending on our agreement. If the project is important, a 40% down payment will be required.
You can pay me by bank transfers, and by Paypal for small projects whose value does not exceed €300. The costs associated with the payment of the invoice are the responsibility of the client.